Phil Coleman joined me on the Fiery Bird Show on Radio Woking to talk about his new book The Gift.
Phil originally from Australia now in Surrey, lived with renal failure for more than half his life. During that time he had four kidney transplants that failed additionally, pneumonia, viral meningitis, appendicitis all occurred at each transplant, paralysis from a severed femoral nerve meant recovery was slow and it took him some time to walk again. Finally a successful transplant from his sister Lin gave Phil back the life he always wished for.
Phil wrote the book as a testament for others, to help them cope with chronic illness, give them hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. He provides us with an insight on what his life was like on dialysis and how he coped with all the challenges that came his way over the 16 years before he received The Gift. He now lives
Phil is launching The Gift at The Phoenix Cultural Centre 27 Goldsworth Rd GU21 6JT on Sat 30 Sept 8pm and will be playing a selection of songs.
You can listen to the show again here
For more information on Phil’s work check out the links to his music and writing below.
1. The Magic Number – De La Soul
2. Flying High With Your Love – Phil Coleman
3. Wait In Vain – Bob Marley
4. Drop The Walls – Phil Coleman live
5. I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends – The Beatles
6. Wires – Athlete
7. Hanging On The Telephone – Blondie
8. Changes – David Bowie
9. I got my Mojo Working – Alexis Korner Blues Incorporated
10. Careful Man – Jim Croce cover played by Phil Coleman live
11. Mack The Knife – Ella Fitzgerald
12. Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
13. Wild World – Cat Stevens
14. Everything You Need – Adem
15. Give Me Just A Little More Time – Chairman of The Board
16. Honeybee – Phil Coleman Live
17. I Don’t Need No Doctor – Ray Charles
18. Apron Strings – Everything But The Girl