Kidderminster On Target As Aldershot Slump To Fourth defeat in a row.

Written By Declan McCarthy.

Kidderminster’s Jack Bryne was the only goal in the game, but that’s all it took as Aldershot struggled to get to grips of the game. Andy Scott manager of Aldershot now finds himself under even more pressure now as fans showed their anger throughout the match.

Aldershot went into the game against Kidderminster with a bad run of form winning only Twice in ten games; Losing eight games. Kidderminster went into the fixture having never beaten Aldershot, but had a squad capable of changing that, and that they did!

Sam Hatton was dropped as Jim Stevenson made his debut for Aldershot. Kidderminster swapped goalkeepers as Jasbir Singh went in between the posts, Danny Lewis on the bench. New signings Danny Wright and Aaron Wildig were selected ahead of Kyle Storer and Jake Green.

The Shots kicked the game off and started brightly. A corner was delivered in and fell to defender Glenn Wilson who struck the underside of the bar and Ryan Jarvis was making an impact in the final 3rd coming close but not connecting well enough with the shot which inturn gave the Kidderminster defence time to get the ball away.

Quarter of an hour went by in the game and Kidderminster started to get into the game, they looked strong and powerful on the attack with new signing Danny Wright leading the front line. And it was only short moments after he beat his man (Wilson) with ease, but just missed the far post.

Kidderminster showed in the opening 35mintues that they had more control on the game Aman Verma doing his defensive duties well alongside the great midfielder of Marvin Johnson who looked a real presences against the young Aldershot midfield, Kidderminster just had the edge in their final 3rd and came close on a number of occasions.

However, Aldershot did have their threats going forward in Jordan Roberts, but just lacked the final ball. Aiming hopelessly.

The first half finished as it started 0-0 and through periods off the game it was quite even with both sides having their chances. Kidderminster looked strong going forward and defended well. With new signing Wildig creating problems for the shots defences with his sear pace as on countless occasions Wilson, Oastler and Barker were caught out simply through the quickness of the Kidderminster midfield.

Kidderminster kick off the second half and both sides have their chances and showed link up play especially Kidderminster’s Danny Wright and Aaron Wildig (On loan from Shrewsbury)- Connecting very well on the edge of the Shots box all night- The first close chance of the second half came from Aman Verma. A corner was delivered into the Aldershot box and wasn’t dealt with, giving time for Verma to head the ball goal-ways and was inches wide of the post and Aldershot fans all around were relived.

Kidderminster were in control of the game without getting out of 2nd gear to much after some nice build up play as Verma lobbed a pass over to right back Jared Hodgkiss, a one-two between Marvin Johnson opened up the Aldershot defence giving time for Hodgkiss to pick his cross to Wright who forced Aldershot Keeper Phil Smith to make a fine reaction save.

Aldershot had their own opportunities and one big one was when Chris Barker crossed into England C international Jordan Roberts, who looked to have been pushed to the ground in front of the South bank at the Electrical Service Stadium, the same ball- behind the incident- fell nicely for Danny East who had the goal in his sights. He Just didn’t have enough direction on the shot as the ball hit the side netting and left the Aldershot fans frustrated, even more.

Josh Scott entered the field for Ryan Jarvis and Aldershot were on the back foot with Kidderminster finding the pockets of space left open by the Shots midfield of Stevenson and Saunders as Marivn Johnson crossed from the left and found substitute Asante who misjudged the ball as it slipped underneath his foot and Aldershot were lucky that the player following up was Joe Oastler who cleared well from danger.

The tense feeling around the stadium was ever growing and it simple got worse as Kidderminster scored the only goal of the night thanks to a fine strike from Jack Byrne as the ball was headed out of the Aldershot box, Bryne then hit it superbly into the far right hand corner.

Aldershot’s Jordan Roberts was their only glimpse of positive football as he ran down the left, cut inside onto his right and then had a good shot saved by Singh. It was Aldershots only real positive move of the match and frustrated Aldershot fans reminded manager Andy Scott throughout the game about the lack of positive football as Brett Williams was subbed with fans, including Aldershot fans, cheering the change was being made.

With the fresh impieties upfront with Scott and Andre McCollin, not much changed as at the other end Kidderminster nearly doubled their lead. Kidderminster easily tore apart the Shots defence but Marvin Johnson shot with the inside of his foot dragging the shot well wide.

The referee blew his whistle and that was that. Aldershot had lost their 4th consecutive game in a row and Kidderminster had won their fourth away game in a row. Kidderminster now find themselves in the playoff zone (5th Position) closely followed by Dover, Woking, Eastleigh and Forest Green. Aldershot however cannot say the same, they lie in 18th position and are 6 points of the drop, the tension still grows around the club and fans become more and more frustrated.

The Shots now have a week off and will play Altrincham on the 31st of January.