I have always had a love of music from a young age, whether it was singing into my hairbrush in my bedroom or going into my own little world with my headphones on. Either way like Kevin Keegan I LOVE IT!!
My love for radio came later on after doing an intensive radio-presenting course at Bauer Media; like most, I started by collecting requests at Hospital Radio Redhill.
I’m Katie Waple; I do the breakfast show on Wednesday and Thursday as well as the drive time show also on Wednesday. In my shows you can expect some great songs old and new, as well as quality chat, occasional moaning and of course all your local updates.
Things you need to know about me…Naturally:
* I can’t stand parsnips
* When it comes to baking I’m a bit like Mr Kipling
* My first concert was at Wembley, aged 9 to see Hear’say
* I once went to a fancy dress party as Jennifer Lopez.
* I’m a real rock chick I love Fleetwood Mac, Rolling Stones and the Jam, I’m also very soulful and love Stevie Wonder, and Aretha Franklin, lately I enjoy Beyonce or Ed Sheeran. I have about 20 most favourite artists but Pop Princess Kylie Minogue would be my idol.
* I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie and have been skydiving in New Zealand.
You can follow me on:
Or subscribe to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC7Jtz_egbFoUMOlDojhHcQ