Dave started working in radio more years ago than he can remember which clearly shows that he is turning senile despite only recently celebrating his 38th birthday!
He was part of the team which set up Thames Radio in March 1997 which at the time was the new licence holder for SW London. He has also worked on a number of other radio stations in and around the south-east including Medway FM in Rochester.
More recently, after camping out on the steps of Eagle Radio in Guildford for several weeks, they took pity on him and he was taken in for a cuppa and a slice of toast. It was obvious that they had to do something with him because he was making the place look untidy so he became Programme Controller and breakfast presenter of County Sound Radio for nearly 10 years.
Dave was born in Kingston on 19th May – so there is no excuse now for not remembering his birthday – and lives and works in Surrey.
Here are a few things you may not know about him:
- He doesn’t like beetroot or egg custard
- Dave likes pizza, Chinese, Indian meals and a good Sunday roast
- His favourite TV comedy shows are Only Fools and Horses and Have I Got News For You
- Dave enjoys Ripper street and The Chase
- Favourite sport is Ice Hockey
- He is the splitting image of George Clooney and is in peek physical condition for a man of his age
OK, so one of them’s a lie – Dave does like beetroot!