Really enjoyed the show last night, especially as I was able to include some music I actually recorded on holiday in Italy last week! Managed to catch two fantastic bands in our favourite apres-ski hideaway in Cervinia. Many thanks to Sylvia and all the gang at ‘Lo Copa Pan’ for their hospitality and great musical taste as always (Sylvia officially has the best ‘lounge music’ collection in the world!).
I’m delighted to have made contact with ‘The Three Smokers’, a side project from Italian ‘electro-swing’ collective ‘The Sweet Life Society’. Giulietta, Diego and Moreno wowed everyone with non-stop two and a half hour sets of acid jazz/dance music, and five members of ‘Bandakadabra’, a Turin based street jazz band made us all smile with superb Italian flavoured trad jazz and great banter, including starting their set outside on the snowy street, and finishing it behind the bar! I’ll definitely try to keep in touch with all these guys so look out for more music from them on the show soon!
Here’s the playlist from this week, click the link below to listen again. Check out the pics too!
• Rainbow – Since You Been Gone
• Leah McFall/ Will.i.am – Home
• Ini Kamoze – Here Comes The Hotstepper
• Joan as Police Woman – Witness
• Purple – Wallflower
• Black Milk – Brain
• Peter Gabriel – Shock The Monkey (Live ‘official bootleg’)
• Simple Minds – Love Song
COOKIES’ JAZZ AND BLUES CLUB
• The Three Smokers – Black Seo (Live bootleg)
• Bandakababra – Copa Pan Rag (Live bootleg)
• Rival Sons – Electric Man
• Fun Loving Criminals – Fun Loving Criminal
• Years and Years – Take Shelter
AFTER THE WATERSHED
• Led Zeppelin – Trampled underfoot
• The Pearl Harts – Aint That The Way
• How To Dress Well – And It Was You
• Joan Armatrading – Love and Affection
• Ian McNabb – Cameraderie
• Frazey Ford – September Fields
• LTNT – In The Back Of Your Mind
• Chris Forsythe and The Solar Motel Band – I aint waiting
• Marika Hackman – Drown
Cheers all, see you next week!
(Click the link below to listen again:)